Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Week One Blog Prompt

As discussed in class today, next week’s classes will focus on identifying your own writing process. As a lead-in to that, here is your first blogging prompt:

Come up with a simile that describes how you feel about writing, or your writing process. Then explain your simile. (A basic template for this would be as follows: “Writing is like ____________ because __________________________.”)

To get you started, here’s mine. Writing is like swimming, because I’ve gotten better and faster at it the more I’ve practiced. However, there’s always a chance when I enter the water that I’ll drown.”

Have fun with this, and try to come up with a more interesting example than mine!

3 comments:

B.Spence said...

Prompt #1

Writing is like cooking because you put all the right ingredients together hoping to achieve the perfect dish. But if you dont use the right amount of each ingredient you could end up with a disaster.

Brittany Spence

Brandon H. said...

hey I really enjoyed this simile. By the way, you may want post it as a "new post" instead of it being a comment under the original promt.

Anonymous said...

Writing is like firefighting because you have to first plan out an attack and then just dive in and do it