Unfortunately, I understand that I am probably not the only one who has had this tragic problem. My worst teacher was also my best. Ms. Skinner was by far my hardest teacher I have had. Now some might argue, just because they are hard does not mean that they are terrible.
Ms. Skinner had standards above the normal high school teacher, and from what I have seen recently she has higher standards than almost all of my college classes. For a junior year U.S. History teacher, a college student will have a difficult time. Though, for this reason she was my best teacher because it forced me to learn on my own, and now almost all of my college courses seem pretty moderate in difficulty.
Ms. Skinner was a difficult teacher due to her need for all homework to be done on time, with a ridiculous amount to be completed in the small amount of time. An example is her need for 20 pages to be read the evening assigned, then an 8 to 10 page outline written for this. This was a normal stress. Even higher level students with continues good marks had problems with this teacher.
When it came to writing, it was the new things she wanted us to use in our writing, but at the same time we had no understanding of. For example we had to write a research paper using a new style of sourcing, yet she would not teach us this new style of sourcing. This method failed she realised. Half the class failed that assignment, but it was okay because we had a second chance.
None the less, everything at the moment had to be done, on time. Under to little time. It was very stressful. Although, if it was not for her. I do not think that I would understand the United States as well, nor would I be as prepared for college.
1 comment:
Sounds like we have more in common than the hard teacher but best teacher combo. Mrs. Cashion, like Ms.Skinner, was my junior year AP U.S History teacher. She would also assign next to impossible assignment due in a short amount of time. But she did teach me how to write in a "time crunch" just like Ms.Skinner. Plus, I'm an ace at U.S history now...
Post a Comment