Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week 13

I am majoring in english. My concentration is non fiction writing and editing. I hope to be able to write professionally and then one day be an editor of a magazine or some other publication. Since I want to be a writer I will need to be able to write creatively, concisely, and persuasively. I want people to be interested in what I have to say. If I am writing the same thing that every one else is writing no one will want to read it. Therefore I need to figure out how to make my pieces my own. In writing you have deadlines and limits as to how much space to have to fill. That is why you need to be concise. Say what you need to say and be done. If you go on and on you can lose your audience. I need to make people believe in what I am writing. If I don;t have a good argument or a valid point then I will have no readers.

No comments: