Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week 6 Blog Prompt

The hardest part for writing a research paper definitely deals with citing and referencing. I am fairly familiar with APA style and MLA citing, but having to integrate the sources withing the paper is something that I need a little more practice. Another challenge that I frequently face when writing is actually getting started. My biggest obstacle is writing the opening paragraph. Also my biggest fear relating to the citing is making sure that I site sources correctly and not accidentally plagarizing.

The easiest part for writing a research paper is writing once the first paragraph is complete. I feel a lot more comfortable writing after my introduction is finished because it lets me write without feeling pressure because I know exactly what I am going to write about. It is necessary to outline and brainstorm my ideas before I begin writing, but when I mess around and begin to free write about the topic it helps bring up new ideas. Which in the end gives me some insight on what I want to write about.

No comments: