An inquiry-based writing course that focuses on strategies for writing everyday experience and making the mundane fresh again
Thursday, October 9, 2008
So my research topic is tattooing. I think my thesis is goin to be why tattoing is socially unacceptable. i dont think i will have any problems with this since i have tattoos and know a liltttle bit about them already.
I am a little confused about your topic since you have tattoos and you are trying to find why they are socially unacceptable. if i read wrong then just ignore me.
You're going to find a variety of sources for your topic. B/c people are going to have personal views then there are going to be medical views as well.
I think this is a good basis for a topic, but may narrow a lil more to lik maye the acceptance of tattoos in a certain area or a certain generation? i think its a good strong topic, because tatoos are becoming more and more prevalent, i even have one. Good luck!! Lindsey
Cool topic! I feel that is original and kind of controversial since it has become more of an issue with people judging others who have tattoos. You could talk about how in the work force, you might have an employer who won't hire a person with a tattoo if they can't cover it up. Good start..
Interesting topic. Biggest problem you will have with this is fighting with science and facts. Sounds more like you will find more infromation form personal and opinionated sources. So be very careful. I am eager to hear this one.
hey that's cool i don't know anything about this topic all i know is that it hurts!! but this topic is really good u will defitely find much info about tihs!! have fun
Great idea, you might have to narrow it a bit more though. You'll find a lot of controversial material when researching and differing opinions depending on who the article was written by and what generation they come from.
This sounds like a very interesting tattoos and i would aslo like to know why i have known people who actually didnt get a job they wanted because they had a tattoo and that isnt cool.
15 comments:
I have tats and I know what you mean about this topic. It should be an easy topic for you and other people can relate to it.
I am a little confused about your topic since you have tattoos and you are trying to find why they are socially unacceptable. if i read wrong then just ignore me.
i have no idea what kind of stuff you'll get typing in tats in google scholar but go for it
You're going to find a variety of sources for your topic. B/c people are going to have personal views then there are going to be medical views as well.
I think this is a good basis for a topic, but may narrow a lil more to lik maye the acceptance of tattoos in a certain area or a certain generation? i think its a good strong topic, because tatoos are becoming more and more prevalent, i even have one. Good luck!!
Lindsey
I think it's based on opinion of it is socially unacceptable or not.
You might need to narrow your topic down because you will find so much stuff about tattoos. Do you have a thesis?
Cool topic! I feel that is original and kind of controversial since it has become more of an issue with people judging others who have tattoos. You could talk about how in the work force, you might have an employer who won't hire a person with a tattoo if they can't cover it up. Good start..
Interesting topic. Biggest problem you will have with this is fighting with science and facts. Sounds more like you will find more infromation form personal and opinionated sources. So be very careful. I am eager to hear this one.
I like this topic. It will be easy to research and it is a very good thesis.
hey that's cool i don't know anything about this topic all i know is that it hurts!! but this topic is really good u will defitely find much info about tihs!! have fun
Great idea, you might have to narrow it a bit more though. You'll find a lot of controversial material when researching and differing opinions depending on who the article was written by and what generation they come from.
This sounds like a very interesting tattoos and i would aslo like to know why i have known people who actually didnt get a job they wanted because they had a tattoo and that isnt cool.
I'd say focus on how tatts are socially unacceptable in lets say...the bureaucratical area for example to focus down and get a good solid paper.
there are so many different opinions on this you should have no problem finding info on this topic
Post a Comment