Thursday, October 9, 2008

Workshop Blog

My topic of choice for the research essay is bridge construction and maintenance. More specifically, I will be focusing on new possible policies, concerning bridge design, that could be implemented in an effort to reduce the need for repairs, and therefore reduce the cost of bridge maintenance.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think this is agood topic that you will be ablee to find alot of info about

morgans said...

should be an interesting topic since i have no idea about bridges ever haha.

Brandon H. said...

wow very fun topic - i am kind of a bridge design fanatic, i would use this program to come up with the cheapest bridge design.

bboy_dynamike said...

random topic haha but if you can find enough info(which you probably can) to get 1500+ words then i guess you're set

B.Spence said...

This is kind of current so you should find lots of information. I dont know much about this so it sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

this is a really good, specific topic. It may be difficult getting enough information, but im sure it is out there somewhere. Good Luck! Lindsey

Jenny said...

What is your thesis? I think you can form one based on what you wrote, however.

Blythe said...

This topic is good because it effects our society today. I feel it might be challenging to find a ton of resources on this subject. However, there are recent articles (or events) where bridges have failed and caused deaths or injury. Very narrow and I think you have a good start.

Nick B said...

Very good. I enjoy your topic as compared to others which typically have some moral standard. Probably easier for you. Because it is more so scientific. I suggest you target events, such as bridge failures. Explain why a need for improvement is necessary due to the events.

cyanez said...

That will be a good topic since bridges are just about everywhere. Now people wont have to sit in traffic because of construction repairs.

Chris said...

This might be a little hard to find info on but this could just be my opinion since i really dont know much on bridges.

BJVarni said...

I forsee a huge issue in finding a thesis with this subject, if you're heart set though you might want to try...how...lets say San Francisco culture affected the design of the Golden Gate Bridge...

dirtydog said...

are you an engineer?